Saturday, October 16, 2010



I phased back to inspect the old well I found in the forest, nobody ever came here. The pack didn’t patrol here and it was to far away for the humans. Nobody knew about this well. I couldn’t help but laugh, maybe it was a wishing well. I walked comfortable without my
clothes to the well and leaned over the edge, calling out; ‘Hello’

Helloooo

I laughed again, remembering vaguely something from watching Snow White as a little girl. That if a wishing well talked back your wish would come true.

‘Better safe then sorry’

Sorryyyyy

I tapped my chin, what was the song again that Snow white sang? I put my hands on the edge and looked at the water, smiling.

‘I’m wishing’

I’m wishing

‘For the one I love, to find me’

Find me

‘Today’

Today

‘I’m hoping’

I’m hoping

‘And I’m dreaming of’

Dreaming of

‘The nice things’

The nice things

‘He’ll say’

He’ll say

I half expected a prince to appear next to me in the reflection of the water and sing the last word with me. I laughed and looked around to be sure, but no prince and no seven dwarfs to be found.

‘Damn’
I laughed and phased back, shaking out my fur I began running back to La Push, knowing it would take a while. I remembered another Snow white song.

Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, heigh-ho
It’s home from work we go



No comments:

Post a Comment